Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays, not only for the fireworks and red white and blue sugar cookies, but also because it gives us a chance to really reflect on how much we have to be grateful for. We live in a land of incredible opportunity and freedom. I am very happy and proud to be an American!
This year for the 4th, we went to the beach with a bunch of friends to watch the fireworks. The weather was a bit dreary but it didn't rain and that's the important thing! There were still fireworks! It was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Noel said...

I love your comment on the boys playing a game we couldn't figure out--Isn't that the truth...but they did appear to be having fun--And it kept them busy so I didn't have to go to the "nursing lounge"!

Emily said...

I miss going to the beach for the fireworks! Maybe in a couple of years. . .miss you!