Friday, September 5, 2008

Something OLD, something NEW, something BOHEMIAN and something USED

I'll start with what's new. I was at the mall the other day with my mom at one of my favorite home furnishing stores, Kirklands, and I spotted this beauty for 75 percent off. I thought it would be perfect over our mantle and John later agreed. What do you think? We're going for a Tuscan look in here.



Here's what it looks like in the room


What did we do with the mirror that was previously over our mantle, you ask? Well, we decided to put that in our formal living room over the couch. What do you think? (That's the "something old" I referred to in the post title.) It's new to this room though!



Now to my favorite element of this post, something Bohemian. Let me preface this section by saying that my friend Lesley and I are always trying to incorporate Bohemian styles into our wardrobe and when we do,we say to each other "You're looking very Bohemian today!"
Today, I was extremely Bohemian! Check out my new purple tie-dye shirt! I haven't worn tie-dye since like 1988! It was fun to wear this to work today! It was a big hit and a nice welcome to the weekend. Fridays at work are casual days by the way!



And finally, something used. John and I just bought another car! He wanted to get a used car that he can drive every day that gets better gas mileage than his truck so we bought a 2002 Nissan Maxima. We like it. So far, the only person that's driven it is ME. My car had a flat tire and we've been so busy this week, we haven't had a chance to go get a new one. I'll say this, the Maxima is a lot bigger and faster and has a better sound system than my Honda. John and I may have to trade cars! Here are some pics...







Sorry for the randomness of this post. I tend to be a little random from time to time! Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

Love the shirt! And do you think it would be possible to hire you to fly out to Utah to decorate our new house (when that day comes, that is)?

Lindsay said...

Sure Krystal! I would LOVE to do that! Anything to get me back to Utah for a visit with you guys AND a chance to eat at Cafe Rio again! I wish they would franchise out here, I miss that place so much!!!

Emily said...

How exciting! First off, I LOVE the picture and actually noticed it at Kirtlands on Monday. Then second I think the mirror looks perfect in your front room. I really love your shirt too! You always look flawless though :) Also, your new car is AMAZING! Did you get a good deal on it? Also based on your comment to a friend, I wish they would franshise in CA for Cafe Rio. I think majority of BYU students would love it as well if it went everywhere!

Jill said...

I love your blog. You always have cute pix and fun posts. I love your house...love the shirt...and the car looks great. Fun stuff for you guys!!

Ashley Perez said...

I love the new picture! Gorgeous. Just like your amazing house! You have such great taste. Oh and casual Fridays are my fav!

mommy24 said...

Love the picture! Kirkland's is my favorite store, too! You're decorating is so beautiful. And you look gorgeous too!

me said...

I love the cute shirt. As for the new picture, it was meant to be. You have the perfect light just right there on the cieling. It was calling out for a picture to shine on.

Katie T. said...

Lindsay I love your shirt and I like where you put the mirror! I Also like the car you and John bought. Something we have in common, we both love Krikland's (my Mom and Wendy do too) I hope I can meet you soon, Kendra is lucky she got to meet you! I hope you both are doing good.