Sunday, May 31, 2009

And the countdown begins...

I know I've been a blog slacker lately and for that I apologize! As I was perusing through all your blogs today and catching up on emails, I came across this really cool song that blends Taylor Swifts Love Story with Cold Play's Viva la Vida. I LOVE IT! It's a little long but you should listen to it while you read the rest of my post!



As you'll notice on my little baby tracker on my side bar, little Cameron will be here in about a month! I can't believe it! The time has really flown by! Almost too quickly! John and I have gotten a little behind with preparing the nursery (as most people have their nurseries COMPLETE by this point!) We haven't even started! So we decided we needed to kick it in high gear this weekend. We picked out our crib on Friday night and bought it (Thanks goes out to the two grandmas- Marlene and Tammy who funded this purchase!) I have to say, I'm a little shocked at how expensive cribs and all baby items are these days but that's a topic for another blog post! So we got the crib, we spent yesterday clearing out all the furniture in our guest room that we're going to turn into the nursery, then we assembled the crib with the help of our good friend Dean! Neither John nor I are very good assemblers of anything! I took a few pictures of our "nursery to be" As you can see, it is NO WHERE near finished but the little anchor next to the crib gives you an idea of the theme we are going with. It's going to be a nautical/ sailor theme. You can consider this our nursery before picture. I'll post some "after" shots in a week or two when we get done! This is such a fun time! I can't wait to meet this little man!



More blog posts are coming soon. I may even throw in a 9 month belly shot! Oh what the heck, here's one i just took...


35 weeks

I can't believe I am just starting my 9th month! This baby boy is certainly taking up a lot of room these days! As Patrick Swayze so appropriately said it in his movie Dirty Dancing "Nobody puts baby in the corner!" Likewise, this baby is taking up every inch of space in my short waist that he possibly can! He's a mover and a shaker these days and comes alive at night as soon as I lay down on my pillow! Like the rest of my pregnancy though, I really don't have too much to complain about other than my daily heart burn. Nothing a little tums can't get rid of though! Everyone tells me Cameron is going to have a head full of hair because I've had SO MUCH heart burn but I can't help but wonder if it's all the Mexican cuisine I've been enjoying all these months! I've definitely craved Mexican food with this little guy. My friend Daisy says little Cameron is going to turn into a quesadilla if I don't take it easy! I guess we'll have to see!

11 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for the update! I am excited to see the nursery when you are done! I am a blog slacker too! Its pretty bad! :) Well, I love the updates and I wish I could have gone to your baby shower this week!

me said...

Yes, looking forward to the completed nursey pics too!

Alison said...

I'm so excited for you! The nursery is going to be beautiful! I'm so bummed I'm going to miss your baby shower!!

Paula said...

Cameron's crib looks just like the one Ashlyn has. It's great. just beware when he starts to stand that he doesn't knaw on the railing like my little one. There are nice bite marks up and and down the pretty white rail. So, excited for you.

The Kenyons said...

I am so glad to hear from you!!! Thanks for posting and update. :) You look so great! And the nursery is going to be fabulous! I can't wait to see it! I had heart burn with my girls too...Makenna had lots of hair...Natalie didn't. So who knows! :) I am so excited for you and John! What a fun time! Love you Linds!

biehlfamily said...

linds, you are so adorable! I can't believe you only have a month left. I am so excited for you. I miss you! I love the song!

Ashley Perez said...

Yay!!! So exciting. And I still think your baby bump is a cute and petite one. I meant to comment on your last post when you posted it, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about your granny. I've lost a granny and a grandma and it's not always easy, but I'm so grateful for the knowledge that we have that they watch over us and that we'll see them again.

Can't wait to see more pix of your nursery!!! And I love your theme. Perfect for a boy and I'm so glad you didn't choose a train or a dinosaur theme!

Krystal Trapnell said...

You look great! Can't wait to see his nursery!

Katie T. said...

Lindsay,
How exciting I am for you and John! If you been having alot of heartburn, then Cameron will have a lot of hair. I was reading something on the internet that if a pregnant woman has lots of heartburn it means that the baby will have lots of hair. When I was pregnant I had a lot of heartburn too; Kaitlyn had a lot of hair when she was born. It never did fall out either! I won't be surprise if he does have hair, I guess will found out soon!!

marlene said...

I seemed to crave Mexican food during my pregnancy with John too! I couldn't eat enough tacos even during my first 3 months of 'queasy' feelings. I'm glad you took a photo of the crib - it looks great! Can't wait to see you and John (feel your tummy too - knowing little Cameron is moving around there!) tomorrow evening. You are looking great!

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

Can't wait to see the nursery. Also I can't wait to see the shower pics from everyone (joe and sheila) they say it was beautiful! I know you are thrilled. Well you know I love you and miss you and can't wait to see the baby!

klr