Tuesday, October 27, 2009

YWIE

Young Women in Excellence (YWIE) is a church activity we have every year for the teenage girls. It's an opportunity for the girls to showcase their talents, skills and value projects they have been working on for the year. Tonight was our program and our theme was:
Being a Lighthouse in the Night

Matt 5:16.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

The girls did a special skit centered around our Lighthouse theme, they sang a beautiful song entitled "Hold Our Torches High" from their Lightkeepers CD that I gave them earlier this year at New Beginnings and they showcased their many many talents to their parents and leaders who attended. At the end of the night, I gave them each a 2010 calendar that featured photographs of beautiful lighthouses from across the world. This was to remind them of the beautiful lighthouses that they are to the world and to let their light shine.

It was a great night and I am proud of the girls for all their hard work! Here are some pictures I took of the night...

























6 comments:

Emily said...

That is cool Lindsay! I am impressed :) I love the theme and the girls look like they are having fun! I love the young women :)

Alison said...

You did such a great job! It all turned out great!

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

So Cute! Where is Emily? I love that everyone is matching. I have a lot to blog about. I am going to load pics to picassa and fbook this weekend and I'll send you the link. I miss you and the little fat thing!

Emily said...

Cute! I love it! Good job!

marlene said...

Great job Linds - as always! The girls are lucky to have you for their YW's leader. We held our Stake leadership meeting - Being a Souper Leader - a few weeks ago and it was fun. We had our matching aprons on with our names monogrammed and served them yummy soup. It turned out cute. It's fun coming out with themes and implementing them.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Funny story Lindsay! My cousin in Utah is in YW and was looking for ideas to go along with their theme of lighthouses. After a google search, she came to your blog. She saw my name as a link and found out that we are friends. What a small, small world! Oh, and she loved your info about YW!