Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Countdown to cruise... 31 days

It’s been so nice seeing everyone’s posts of their fun summer vacations. I’m happy to report that in exactly 31 days, we will be setting sail on our cruise to the Bahamas. I can’t wait! As you know, I’ve been SO READY for a vacation lately! John and I have been little busy bees this summer and haven’t taken any “mini- breaks” like we normally do to surrounding areas of Jacksonville like Orlando, Savannah, and Charleston.
The way I see it, life with no vacations is like dinner with no dessert- BORING! I developed this philosophy when I was a mere college student at BYU. My dear friend and college roommate Emily Kirk (now Warnick) gave me such wise counsel when she noticed I was taking school a little too seriously. She said
“ Linds, when you look back at your college years, what are you going to remember? Sitting in the library studying or having fun? Now get in the car and let’s go to Vegas!”

How can you argue with that! So I didn't! Thanks Em!

My last “mini-break” was back in April when I went out to Utah for my cousin Kristin’s graduation from BYU. It was a lot of fun. It brought back fond memories of my college days at BYU and my graduation back in 05. While I was there, I was also able to meet up with some of my college friends, including Emily and her little baby Bailey. It was so great to see everyone. Here are some pictures. Stay tuned for pictures of our next “hoorah” in September. Let’s pray there will be no hurricanes.


Kristin's Graduation Day


Jacob just can't wait to graduate from BYU. He's 8!



Chelsea and Emily can't wait either...




My old roomies and their babies!



Emily and Bailey


Michelle and Makenna



Lisa and Halle



Emily and Sarah

11 comments:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

What a cute post Linds! Isn't it crazy to see people you went to college with or High School get married and start families! Of course your married and so your part of that group! I love seeing how the babies look so much like my friends and their spouses!

You look beautiful in your pictures and I answered your question about smog checks in my blog under the comments!
Love you!
Em
P.S. I can not wait until we go on our cruise!!!

Meredith said...

HOLY COW! Emily looks so much like Kelly that I thought it was Kelly!!! I totally forget that you are related to them sometimes! :) and LOL about the trip to Vegas! that sounds like a funny emily comment! :)

Emily said...

I hate those pictures of me! "Cut cut cut!" I love you! :0) Only 280 days til I go on a cruise (JK I dunno when we will go) ha ha

Emily said...

I forgot to comment on the vegas thing...ha ha...that cracked me up! I don't remember that, but it sounds like me! I miss you!!!! You are the best!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Our friends were at sea on a cruise once when a hurricane came. They had to stay at sea to avoid it and got a few free days out of the whole deal! I guess if there HAS to be a hurricane, that would be the way to weather it!

Jill said...

Hi Lindsay. Your blog is so fun and you are so cute!! Have fun in the Bahama's...gotta be close to my favorite place on earth!

Lindsay said...

Emily, those pictures of you are so cute! And you've got the memory of an ant (or some other animal that has a bad memory)! But I love you anyway!

jan said...

Hmm.... I know Emily was always jetting off to Vegas. So you were her partner in crime. Just see what an education will do for you.

Noelly said...

I can't wait for you to post pics of John and Lindsay with their baby!!!! I am counting down for you, too. I can't believe you haven't vacationed since April.. You ARE a busy little bee...

The Skoobs said...

HEY THERE LINDS!!! I just love the BLOG and all the pictures. It looks like you're doing fabulous!!! I was just thinking about roommates and everyone maybe seeing each other...like a reunion or something totally fun! We need to plan something. Oh, the wheels are spinning.