Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Cruise to the Bahamas



We just got home yesterday from our cruise to the Bahamas and it was so much fun! The Bahamas has to be one of my favorite places on Earth! We went with John's parents and his sister Emily. It was their first cruise and they loved it! I definitely recommend Royal Caribbean to everyone!

The weather was absolutely beautiful the entire time we were there. We came home to quite the opposite though. The rain was coming down in sheets in Jacksonville yesterday. John had to go to work right when we got home, so Emily and I met him for lunch. It was quite an adventure driving through the unbelievably flooded streets! This was Jacksonville Beach after about 2 hours of rain. I've never seen flooding like this in my life! It made for pretty cool pictures though!





11 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

Yay! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. We go Oct. 11, but we're on Carnival. We'll have to get together so you can tell us what to do on the islands!

Emily said...

I miss you all already! I am so exhausted :) I love your slide show and the pictures from the rain are awesome! I am glad we took so many pictures between the two of us. give John a hug for me and tell him I miss him too! Love, Em

Mandy said...

I am so jealous, it looked like a lot of fun. Hopefully I will do it someday.

Emily said...

WOW! That rain! It looked like you were driving through a lake! The cruise looked like a blast! I wanna go! Oh, yeah--Happy Anniversary!!!! :0) Love you!

Jill said...

What a blast. Looks like you had a great time...you are so cute! I LOVE the Bahama's and can't wait to get back there. Totally a piece of heaven on earth. We are going to Bermuda in April and I can't wait that long. It's so fun to cruise. I like the art you got too!!

Meredith said...

oh my goodness!!!!! scary pictures of jax beach. i bet our old apartment was flooded! and oh yeah! the cruise pictures are really cool. i just can't get over that flooding, though1 crazy! be careful!

Noelly said...

I am glad you're back!! I can't wait to talk to you about the fun.

jan said...

Great cruise! Thanks for sharing. Looks like fun. I remember a rain storm like that in Jacksonville when the water was 3/4's of the way up our mail box! You stay afloat!

jan said...

Lindsay, I crack up at your comments on the other blogs! You are so dang cute! Do that imitation from "First Wives Club" for me, okay?

Lindsay said...

This is going out to Jan....

"Morty! Morty! What are you a pirate? What's next? A parrot? And all of a sudden, I'm no fun! I'm a big drag because I dont want to go roller blading!"

jan said...

Way to go, Linds! You remembered it! I can hear you saying it. I am LOL.