Monday, January 28, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley- 1910- 2008


Last night, there must have been a grand celebration in Heaven when President Hinckley passed from this life and reunited with his beloved wife Marjorie.
Oh how I will miss seeing his warm smile, his keen sense of humor, and his signature wave of the cane to say hello to everyone. I've grown up with President Hinckley as my prophet and he has always been such an inspiration and a beacon of light and truth in my life. He inspired the world to stand a little taller and be a little better through his amazing example. He was charity personified. He will be greatly missed!

Despite my sadness of his passing, I am comforted by the thought of his glorious reunion with his precious wife Marjorie and with his Savior, welcoming him in saying well done my good and faithful servant, enter in to my rest.






6 comments:

Emily said...

I also am deeply sad at this loss and I will miss his inspiration and love. I am happy though when I think about that union they must have had when they reunited. Thanks for your post! Your the best Linds!

Mariah said...

He will definitely be missed, but is having a wonderful reunion with his wife and with the savior. Thanks for your thoughts.

Emily said...

So cute! I love that picture of Pres. Hinckley and his wife! (BTW I posted the tag on my blog :) just for you!)

The Kenyons said...

Linds that was so beautiful! It made me cry. I will miss him so much too. His cute little smile, his sense of humor, his great attitude about life. But oh the sweetness of being with his lovely wife again! I can't help but be happy for him.

jan said...

What a great post Lindsay. You are the cutest.

Anonymous said...

Buenos días:
Por favor me puedes enviar a mi correo lisha2012@hotmail.com la foto del Pte Hinckley y su esposa, si es que la tienes en alta resolucion.
Disculpa la molestia.

Israel Monago