Monday, January 28, 2008

Taco Pie

I am a huge fan of fast and easy dinner recipes. I have very little patience for cooking for hours when I get home from work when I'm HUNGRY! I came across this very easy dinner recipe that is too good not to share! It's like tacos with a twist! Try it!

Ingredients
1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package taco mix
2 cups grated mild cheddar
1 1/4 pounds ground beef
1/3 cup water
1 8-ounce package corn chips
2-3 cups chopped tomatoes
lettuce
16 oz. sour cream

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place rolls, unrolled, in greased 9x13 pan
Brown ground beef, add taco mix and water
Spread on top of rolls; spread sour cream on top of beef mixture
Top with shredded cheddar
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
Remove from oven and top with corn chips, chopped tomatoes, and lettuce



It doesn't get much easier than this folks. This recipe is fast, very easy, and delicious! I served mine with chips and salsa. It was a fine Mexican meal! Thanks AJ and Lindsay B. for sharing this with me!

5 comments:

Jill said...

My type of recipe...I'm all over it!
Thanks!!

Meredith said...

If you want to skip the beef one night, bake the rolls (unrolled in the pan, of course) for 10 minutes, take them out, and spread fat-free vegetarian refried beans OR chili beans over the rolls and then add the rest of the ingredients & bake as directed. We also use the crescent roll dough for a quick pizza crust if we are in a big hurry.

Emily said...

That sounds amazingly good! When can I come over to eat it? haha!

Lindsay said...

Wow! Thanks Meredith! The vegetarian version sounds great! I love new recipes!

Mariah said...

We make a taco roll in my house, using the same ingredients. You just lay out the crescent rolls in a circle and then put the meat and cheese in the middle and roll the dough over the top of the meat. It is yummy, yummy!