Friday, July 25, 2008

It's Official

Today, I officially rejoined the world of the employed. I am going back to work on Aug. 4. Where? Well, I'm going all the way back to my old job! A few weeks ago, I received an email from my Director from Corporate Communications at the company that I worked for and she asked me if I wanted to come back. Evidently they've gone a little too "bare bones" and need to hire additional help to get the work done. So who was the first person she called? Me! They must miss me terribly back there! :)
Anyway, all in all, I think this has worked out pretty well. How many people out there get a 60 day paid vacation and get to go right back to what they were doing! I'm happy! I will definitely miss my life of leisure, going to the gym and the beach during the day and being able to sleep in! But I'm very grateful that I'm able to work again. It was a little scary looking for a job during this terrible economy where most companies are getting rid of people instead of hiring them! I feel extremely lucky to have received this opportunity to go back. I certainly wasn't expecting it!

9 comments:

The Kenyons said...

Yeah! That is so great Linds! It worked out perfectly...and you get to go back to where you already feel comfortable and have a place! No getting passed the first 2 boring weeks of training and getting to know people! Yeah! Congrats! When do you start?

Ashley Perez said...

Congrats Lindsay! How could anyone not want YOU around?!

Emily said...

That is great!!!They did miss you, huh? WHo wouldn't miss Linds? I am so happy!! Yiippee!!! :) Now you can start talking about that baby again! :)

Emily said...

CONGRATS LINDS!!! I am so happy for you!

me said...

Congrats!I wish I could get some paid leave! Oh and glad to see your home was spared the wrath of your tree.

Patti said...

That is so great!!! I wish Jon would get a 60 day paid vacation!

Ashley said...

Congrats to you! That's so exciting! How perfect for you! Hope you had a fun time off though! Yeah for you! :)

The Skoobs said...

I am so happy for you...Sounds like you enjoyed your little vacation... and getting paid... that is really awesome!!!

A.J. said...

Well done Thomas. 60 days of PTO is a record. I think it even beats Mr. Chris' "every Friday off" thing he swindled out of management a few years back.