Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lucky Streak

We've had a little bit of a lucky streak lately. We finally closed on our flip house last week (after a grueling 45 days of jumping through hoops for the buyer's lender)! In addition, it looks like I have found a job! More details on that will follow soon, I'm still working out the details with the hiring director. I'll do a blog post about it when everything is finalized.
But what tops everything off, I came home the other day to find this...



We've had quite a bit of rain lately but I'm still not exactly sure how this happened. A HUGE limb from the Oak tree in our front yard broke off. This menacing branch has been looming over our house for years and it finally fell. Some of you might consider this UNLUCKY and at first, I did as well but it didn't even touch our house which is A MIRACLE. No damage was done to our roof or anything! My flower beds and shrubs definitely took a hit but those are easy to replace! Here are some more pictures of this tiny little branch that fell in our front yard!



This is what you see when you open our front door!




John's reaction when he came home from work that day!


Our good friend Dean is kindly helping us cut this branch up and get it cleared out today. From the size of that thing, we are so grateful that we still have a house! So the moral of this blog post is... COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. We're definitely counting ours right now!

4 comments:

The Kenyons said...

Congrats on all three things! It was weird to me how that branch falling was a good thing...but I understand now! :) I can't believe it didn't do any damage to the house! That is great! Have fun cleaning it up! And I can't wait to hear about your new job!

Emily said...

WOW! I am glad nothing serious happened! I am glad your all safe and that your beautiful house was perserved! I am so excited to hear about all your job opportunities!

Emily said...

Congrats on the job! And holy cow! That is scary! I am glad it didn't hurt anything/one! Can't wait to hear about your job! Email me!! I need to call yoU! Love you!

Ashley Perez said...

I'm so glad that you two are having some luck these days! Can you pass some of that one?! Ha ha.

I love your house!! I think we need to move just so I can have a house. I can't believe that limb didn't hit it. That's amazing. I'm so glad it didn't!

I have a new blog addy, Em will tell you what it is. I wanted to make sure you were in the loop, but I didn't have your email address!