Saturday, August 16, 2008

Heaven on Earth

John and I went to Orlando today and visited the Orlando Temple where we got married almost three years ago(will be three years on Sept. 17). Time sure does fly! It doesn't feel like it's been three years at all! Our wedding day was probably THE best, most wonderful day of my life! And every time I go back to the Temple, it is such a wonderful experience each time. There's no other place ON EARTH where I feel so close to Heaven. I'm so grateful to have a Temple just two hours away from us. We don't go nearly as often as we should but every time we do, I feel so uplifted and rejuvenated.
I don't know if I've mentioned this in any of my previous posts but I just received a new calling. I'm now in Young Women's as a Laurel Advisor. I'm super excited and have so enjoyed teaching the girls each week. It's quit an adjustment from teaching Relief Society though! So we ran by the church book store to get some things that would help make my lessons a little more interesting each week. I always worry that the girls are COMPLETELY BORED with my lessons. I haven't been in YW since I was a young women! 17! Does anyone have any tips or tricks to share with me? Jill? I know you're YW president. Please share your wealth of knowledge!

Orlando Temple




Here are some pictures we took several weeks ago when we taught a special YW combined lesson on Temple Marriage. We each brought in pictures from our own wedding day to share with the girls. It was great!


(L-R: Kristin, Julie, Jessica, me)



5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, you are so cute I'm sure the girls love you. They will soak up anything you say or do...just show them it IS possible to have happiness while living the gospel! Have fun with them while sharing your testimony :)
You'll be an awesome example for them!! Enjoy!!

Ashley Perez said...

What an awesome calling! My mom was the laurel advisor when she had me and I still have a blanket that all the laurels made for me! That is totally my dream- to one day be in yw again. And I highly doubt that any lesson you teach is boring! Just bring treats and they'll love you forever.

Heidi said...

That post made me a bit emotional! That was the same YW room where I received lots of fabulous lessons from Sheila Robinson (to name a few). To see you and Kristin up there teaching really pulled at my heart strings!! I just love you two.....Fabulous dress Lindsay...just had to add that!!

Emily said...

I am so happy that you get to serve in Young Woman's. Lindsay your personality is so cute you don't need anything spectacular to win them over! Just you is enough. I bet your an amazing teacher. I am glad you guys got to go to the Temple!

The Skoobs said...

Hey we have the same calling...I 've been teaching the Laurels for 3 years now and I still don't have it down...but it's totally fun!!! The girls just love having a young hip teacher, so I am sure that you are doing a great job and they probably adore you so much. If you have any great ideas just shoot them my way, and vice versa.

Just love them and make sure they know that they are worth everything!!!