Saturday, October 25, 2008

Book Review: The Thirteenth Tale


I just finished reading our book club book for the month of November,The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (Click here to learn about the book) and I LOVED IT SO MUCH that I decided to dedicate a blog post/ book review about it. I chose this book for this month after hearing how great it was from my friend and fellow book clubber, Patti. (Thanks Patti!) And I am glad that I did! It was so good, I couldn't put it down and I finished all 416 pages in a week! I have to be the slowest reader EVER and rarely am I immediately grabbed by a book like I was this one. I'm a little ADD at times and if a book doesn't grab my interest within the first 30 pages or so, I tune out!
This book is one of the few books that I can actually say grabbed my attention almost immediately and the ending DEFINITELY DOES NOT DISAPPOINT! It's an Eerie, fascinating tale full of mystery and intrigue. That's all I will say!
It's not too late to join in our book club fun and start reading the book now. Book Club is at my house on Nov 20. You all need to go check The Thirteenth Tale out TODAY! And by "you all" I mean Amber Kirk- join in our book club this month! You can borrow my book now that I'm done! And anyone else whose interested,(Jessica, Amyee, Paula, Rebecca) you know you want to! Come to book club and let's talk about his intriguing tale!

Have any of you already read this book? What did you think?

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds good! I want to read it :)

me said...

Okay Lindsay, better be good. I was going to start the Twilight series in time for the movie but instead I've reserved The Thirteenth Tale at the library.Looking forward to a GOOD read!

Patti said...

I'm so glad you liked it. I am never afraid to recommend it because I have never heard of anyone who didn't love it!

Lindsay said...

You chose wisely Kendra! You will be glad you did!