Monday, October 13, 2008

North Carolina

Beautiful view from the mountain we hiked (part of the Appalachian Mountains)




Waterfalls








Our tour guides Robert and Mary Lane (John's boss's parents who have a mountain cabin in Sapphire Valley, where we stayed)


At the cabin with the pups, Charlie and Holly




Here's Holly fast asleep on our bed! She just couldn't get enough of us I guess!


Cute little store where we bought THE BEST homemade caramel cake


The store owner had a pet pot-belly pig named Biscuit at the store!


Biscuit was on a special diet of apples only!


Of coarse I had to feed him!




Gorgeous views from the mountain


9 comments:

mommy24 said...

What a beautiful place. Carmel cake sounds so yummy! What did you feed that pot belly pig? It didn't look like apples. Was it yummy carmel cake? Lucky pig!

me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
me said...

Oh the freedom of being able to up and go explore. Can't say that I don't envy you a little. How nice of John's boss's parents to open up their cabin to you. It looks very charming and they look very sweet. I'm sure Aunt Mar and Uncle Nelson were loving every minute of your visit with them. Great pictures. Wish Southern Cali where that green!

Emily said...

What a fun trip! Those pictures are beautiful!! You look as beautiful as ever and so tiny!

Emily said...

Love the new layout--the song! and the pics!! SO beautiful! I haven't been there since High School! FUN! I want a cabin there! You are too cute! THose are good pics of John and yoU! Cute couple!

Lindsay said...

Wendy,
Biscuit the pig only got sliced apples from me. We weren't about to part with a piece of our DELICIOUS caramel cake! Man, I wish I had a slice right now! It was awesome!

Jill said...

Gorgeous pictures. What an awesome trip :)

Ashley said...

SO BEAUTIFUL! You guys looks great! What a fun trip!

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

I love your pictures! Did you go on Vacae there? I want to give that pot belly pig a big fat kiss. That picture along with that dog asleep on your bed made me laugh out loud! Love you hun bun!