Saturday, October 18, 2008

Quirky

This should hand you all a big laugh at my expense! Thanks Em T. for requesting this info. Here are 8 quirky things about me.

Quirk 1- I wear tank tops under my all my shirts.
You will never find me without a tank top on underneath my shirt. Even on the HOTTEST days of summer, even when I go to the gym! I just always do, I don't know why. Subconsciously, I believe it makes the shirt look better on me and makes my stomach look flatter (even though it probably doesn't!) I'm crazy, I know!

Quirk 2- I DIE laughing whenever people trip, stub their toe, etc.
This one I'm going to have to blame on my mom! Ever since I can remember, she has always laughed her head off at people like this (as soon as she finds out they're not REALLY hurt of coarse). Naturally, I would join in and it has been a BAD HABIT of mine ever since! My step dad (who is British) would always tell us "You shouldn't laugh at other people's misfortunes" in his strong British accent. This made us laugh even harder! John used to get SO MAD at me when I would laugh at him when he stubbed his toe or almost tripped on something when we first got married! I've had to fight the urge with him over the years to keep the peace!

Quirk 3- I say "like" and "you know" ALL THE TIME.
What can I say, old habits die hard! This has been a problem of mine since high school.

Quirk 4- I always smell food before I eat it.
My roommates in college pointed this out to me and I don't know WHY I do it, I just have to do it!

Quirk 5- I have an UNUSUALLY strong sense of smell.
I can smell ANYTHING from a mile away!

Quirk 6-I leave half drank beverages ALL OVER THE HOUSE.
It seems like I am always thirsty so I am always drinking something but I ALMOST NEVER finish the whole drink. This drives John crazy so finally, we started buying those half pint water bottles and those seem to work well for me.

Quirk 7- Wherever I am, I fall asleep at approx. 10 p.m. EVERY NIGHT.
I get so tired at night! Once 10p.m. roles around, I'm READY FOR BED! But make no mistake, I'm no morning person either! I'm a "middle of the day person" aka LAZY!

Quirk 8- I have an obsession with mirrors.
Every time I pass a mirror, I have to look in it. I'm always checking myself out in reflective, shiny objects too! It's not because I'm vain! They're just like a magnet to my eyes! And I'm always worried about what I look like so go figure!

So there you have it! 8 quirks about Lindsay! So give them to me!
What are your biggest quirks?

9 comments:

me said...

I wouldn't call the mirror thing a quirk. For some it's obviously vain but for others it's just habitual or human nature. Now the tank top thing, very much a quirk. You didn't wear one under your wedding dress did ya?

Sarah said...

Linds, that was hilarious! You are so funny! I remember your half drank glasses of water all over the apartment. Good times. :o)

Emily said...

That is so funny! I have the same mirror thing and I also have the water and drinking glasses half way problem. I have solved mine by pouring the other half of the water in my cup into the plants soil at work and I have three bottles of water half full in my closest and I use it to take the pill every morning! I also like tanks underneath when possible because I feel more modest. Your other quirks crack me up! Thanks for sharing, you are so cute!

Lindsay said...

Ha Kendra! I did a little better than a tank top under the wedding dress. I wore this bodice type thing that had underwire holding everything in! It was great!

amber said...

That's so funny Linds! Some of those things I've noticed about you not that you say it but probably won't have without the confession. You are so funny! I must admit I miss my weekly Linds day!

Patti said...

How funny. I have noticed a few of those quirks...like smelling food. They are endearing!

I also only drink part of my drinks...

Jill said...

You're so funny! I love these kind of posts.

Emily said...

Those are awesome!!! ANd so true!!! ha ha! I love it! Those water glasses when we were roomies, though! Man! ha ha! And ever since you were 12 you would look in any mirror you passed (or window) I didn't know you wore a tank top under EVERY shirt! wow! That would bother me! I MISS YOU!!!!

The Skoobs said...

Oh my gosh...these made me laugh so hard....I totally remember you doing all those things at Ricks..........I just love it!!! It just makes me miss ya more...you are so hilarious!!!