Saturday, December 6, 2008

2008 Christmas Elegant Dinner

Every year, all the women at my church put on a Christmas Elegant Dinner where we bring out all our fine china and table centerpieces, set up tables in our cultural hall and have a FABULOUS dinner and Christmas program.
The Elegant dinner was this past Thursday night and of coarse I took pictures! I did a new theme at my table this year and I really liked how it turned out. Take a look...

Here's my table



The bulbs in the clear vases came from my Christmas tree! My mom helped me make the centerpiece. We got the florals and the clear marbles from Garden Ridge for $10! The tall lime green candles came from Home Goods. One of my FAVORITE stores!

Our wedding china


A TON of people came this year!


My mom came. She LOVED the way my table turned out!


John came and was a server in the buffet line (along with several other men!) Unfortunately he broke one of our glasses when he was helping me pack things up at the end of the night! He's like a bull in a china shop! :)


The Elegant dinner was so fun this year! John also gave me my Christmas present early this year by taking me to the Nutcracker (He HATES the Ballet- but I LOVE IT) and one of my favorite restaurants- Stonewood Grill. It was so much fun! I just love the Nutcracker! John was great to suffer through it with me. Unfortunately, he wouldn't let me take any pictures of him/ us that night, so this is the best that I could do!





They don't let you take any pictures at the performance but here are some professionally done ones that I found online of the Nutcracker...







It was beautiful! Go see it!

11 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

Lindsay, you are amazing! Your table looks so great (and so do you)!

The Kenyons said...

Thanks for posting Linds! It made my morning after a hard night! I love your table too! It is GORGEOUS! Merry Christmas! (Don't you miss our 402 Christmases? They were so much fun!)

Emily said...

I LOVE your table, it is beautiful!!!! Such talent Lindsay :) 14 more days and I will be in TN!!! I am so glad you got to go to the Nutcracker! I have always wanted to go and have never been able to. If we ever live near each other we should go together!!!

biehlfamily said...

Linds, you amaze me! Your table was beautiful! I hope you have great Christmas! I agree with Meesh, our 402 christmas' were great, but the best part was being with my girls! I miss you!

me said...

Your table is great. We try and do this for our Enrichment event in December but not to many people get excited about it in my ward. We need an influx of Linsay Thomass in our ward!

amber said...

Love the table and I am amazed once again that you got John to go with you to something like a ballet. You're awesome John! I'm glad you had fun Linds!!

Emily said...

"Merry Christmas--It's tiiiime for Christmas!" Cheers to our 402 Christmases! :) I love your table as well--and I love the Nutcracker! Bryson adn I went last year (I think)--we went on Christmas Eve! We love that kind of stuff...(though Bryson thought itwas a bit long)! I want to go again! Wish we could all go together! One day!!! Love ya!

Noel said...

So sad I missed the infamous elegant dinner. Your table looks beautiful-- Greg was sad that he couldnt be there to serve with John this year :)

The Skoobs said...

Man, I wish Dan would take me to the ballet...well I'm getting the next best thing.....He's taking me to go see Phantom of the Opera in San Francisco.....Soooo Fun!!!!!!!!!!! We have the best husbands!!!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

Love your table. SO gorgeous. You look amazing as well! Looks/sounds like a fun event!

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

your table looks fab. I can't believe I have never gone to the E. dinner! I heart you and and can't wait to see you.

xoxo