Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lindsay gets called as Young Women's President!

That's the headline of the week! I was just sustained today as Young Women's President at church and I still CAN NOT believe it! I came into Young Women's about 5 months ago as a Laurel Advisor and now I'm President! I'm not going to lie to you, at first I was STUNNED and a little overwhelmed as I am the YOUNGEST and the NEWEST leader in there! Sometimes I don't feel old enough (or mature enough!) to be a President to these girls but I am going to just trust in Bishop Smith's inspiration on this one! And as everything has had a chance to sink in this week, I am actually really excited about it and I think we will have a lot of fun! I have a great board to help me too so that will be great!

So all you Young Women's Presidents (or former Presidents) please feel free to send any advice my way! My first big event that I will be planning is New Beginnings in February. I'm looking for great New Beginnings program ideas and words of wisdom from those who know because the last time I was at a New Beginnings, I was 17 years old! I need all the help I can get!


This picture is from a YW lesson that all the advisors taught one Sunday a few months back on Temple Marriage. I thought I'd throw it in here for effect!
(L-R: Kristin, Julie, Jessica and me)

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Yikes!! Glad it is you and not me! :)

Jill said...

Congrats Lindsay!!!!! I'm so excited for you. You can talk to me anytime...even though I still don't even know what I'm doing. Anyways, you will be fabulous. I LOVE being YW Pres and you just fall in love with the girls as you serve them. Good luck, you'll do awesome. We have New Beg in February too and we are doing a purse theme, it's going to be so cute. I can't wait to hear how things go!!! Love you girl.
PS It is fun being Pres because you can delegate what you need and be with the older girls which I think are fun because they aren't as obnoxious as the beehives (I love them too though)...anyways, it really is a great calling!!

Ashley Perez said...

Congrats! I would be totally overwhelmed too, but we are never called to things we can't handle and you can definitely handle this. I'm still stuck in primary so I'm jealous! Ha ha.

Angie said...

Wow, congrats Lindsay! You'll do great, dont worry!

Krystal Trapnell said...

They're lucky to have you! You'll be awesome!

Emily said...

So proud --you are so grown up! :) "Inny has learned so much at college..." ha ha remember that? Miss you like crazy!!!

The Skoobs said...

Wow, they got the perfect girl for the job...Good Luck!!!! ah...you won't need it.

Emily said...

I think you are perfect for this position!!! I am so thrilled for you and you will have to keep us posted on Your ideas and activities with the Young Womens!!

me said...

I think you'll make a great YW President because you come across as a very sincere person and that's what the young women need. I don't know what the girls are like in your ward but the girls in my ward would so enjoy and grow from having a president like you.
I wouldn't be surprised if after this you are called to be Stake YW President.