Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Fun

We spent Christmas in Knoxville Tennessee this year with John's parents, his sister Emily and his brother Robert. Here are a few pics of our holiday fun...

Christmas morning

Pay no mind to my lack of make up!

John received his beloved Star Trek DVD Collection. He's the biggest trekkie nerd you'll ever meet!


John's dad and sister Emily


Marlene, John's mom


Marlene and Robert, John's brother


Marlene and her beautiful Christmas table setting




The girls at the Apple Cake Tea Room in Knoxville


John and I at the movies.


We saw Marley & Me. It was SO GOOD! I cried like a baby but I would TOTALLY see it again. This is Jennifer Anniston's and Owen Wilson's BEST MOVIE!


We also saw Valkyrie. It was epic. VERY GOOD! It was sold out at every showing!


Em and me at church


Something very neat happened to us while we were in Sacrament meeting in John's parent's ward. We were sitting in our pew as the Sacrament was being passed and John leaned over, touched my belly and asked how the baby was doing. Right after he said that, a little girl that was sitting behind us (who was about two years old) said "Ava". I turned around and she looked right at me and said "Ava" again.
Many of you know that if John and I have a little girl, we are planning on naming her Ava. I leaned over and asked John's sister if this little girls name was Ava and it wasn't, her name is Baily. No one in her family's name is Ava. I like to think that she felt little Ava's spirit there with us that day and of coarse that would mean that we are having a girl! We'll find out for sure in a couple of weeks. I just thought that was the coolest experience, it gave me chills. I think that little girl must have been very close to the spirit!

Anyways, we had a wonderful Christmas. More posts on baby will come soon.

5 comments:

Ashley Perez said...

Em told me this story today and I was so touched by it! Children really are so Christlike and as a result are privy to that kind of information. This is such an amazing story! This must mean you're having a girl....I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Emily said...

We had so much fun! I loved getting to be with everyone and I loved Marley and Me too! We will know soon if it is Ava!! :)

Emily said...

That is so cute!!! That is a cool story and of course it came from another sweet Bailey! :) I am SOOOO excited to find out what you are having!!!! Cute pic of your baby!!! So sweet!!!

me said...

Glad to read you had a great Christmas with the family. I hope it is little Ava because that would be a great story for not only you guys but little Bailey too.

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

Loved the pictures and that movie! check my blog I blogged about the baby!