Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2009 New Beginnings

I just put on my first New Beginnings program since being called as Young Women's President 2 months ago. I feel like the night went really well!For those of you who don't know what New Beginnings is, it's a church Young Women's activity held at the beginning of each year that parents are invited to attend and we go over the purpose of the Young Women's Organization, the Personal Progress Program and our goals for the year.
I've been working with the girls for several weeks now getting them prepared to put on a New Beginnings skit called Women of Value, where they dressed up and acted parts of women from the scriptures like Mary, Hannah, Esther, Elisabeth, etc. I was a little nervous about how this would turn out because the program was a little "involved" but the girls did GREAT! Two of our girls played a special guitar number (Teach me to walk in the light) and all the girls sang "As Sisters in Zion" and I was so proud at how smooth the program went!
On my way home, I was so EXHAUSTED from the busy week that I had "eating, sleeping and breathing New Beginnings", while working and "trying" to keep up my house, which I have to say, I did a pretty lousy job of doing! I wasn't looking forward to coming home to a sink full of dishes and a MESSY house, but to my surprise and dismay, I came home to a CLEAN HOUSE and NO DISHES in the sink! John felt sorry for me for being so busy this week and he spent two hours tidying up! I'm such a lucky girl to have him! Now, instead of cleaning my house, I can take time to do a post on my blog! Here are a few pics from New Beginnings...




Don't they look cute!



I gave each girl a little New Beginnings treat bag to take home. It included a church CD (song playing now is from the CD), a picture frame with a picture of all the girls in it (from a YW sleepover we had a few weeks back) and a candle to remind them to let the light within them shine and to "Be thou an example of the believers", our 2009 Youth theme.

11 comments:

Angie said...

Wow... a very "Lindsay" event. And that is totally a compliment... GREAT job! It looks really nice!

Emily said...

Linds, I am TOTALLY impressed, I knew you would be perfect for this calling! And I am so impressed by John and his act of love and service. I have a wonderful brother!!!! I hope I can find a man like him :)

Noel said...

You're so cute! What a great calling for you and little Cam Cam. I hope you kept him fed and happy while you were so busy. I can't wait to see him. I hope I get to... G and I are going to Ft. Lauderdale area at the end of June and we may just come up after that week so me and my baby girl don't have to fly out there twice... I only kind of like flying. I will keep you posted!

Emily said...

You are too cute!!! I am so proud of my Inny!!! :)

Emily said...

Thanks Linds! Its actually a Queen, it just looks huge! :) I hope you guys can get a King eventually!

Emily said...

Yes, I registered at Babies R Us..but only for my own checklist, really! The pack n' play is no longer available for cheaper at Wal-mart! I am bummed! Hopefully by June bc that is what we would like to have him sleep in the first bit! Anyway! Love you, Linds!!!

Jessica Law said...

Hey girl,

What a fabulous job you did with the YW program. They were so super prepared and most importantly, proud of their performance and accomplishment of doing the entire program themselves. You have made such an incredible impact of them in your short time at Pres. I know you are going more than the extra mile with those girls and all the while staying gorgeous and pregnant. You are amazing girl!!

I love the room choice you made for CAM MAN. He will be a stud in that handsomely wonderful nursery. Can't wait to see it when it's complete.

...and yes, that was Jennifer Love in that shot. She looks like she's 12 in person...CRAZY!

The Skoobs said...

It sounds like you did an amazing job...We had ours a month ago and it was so neat seeing all the girls involved...I just love the YW!!!

marlene said...

Hi Linds, Your New Beginnings sounded like a big success - I'm so glad for you. I know how it is to work hard on an event and the great feeling that comes afterwards from a job well done. I bet the girls loved their treat bags - how thoughtful of you to do that for them. I'm glad that John helped you out by cleaning the kitchen. I am going to praise him so he'll continue to help you out that way.
I substituted yesterday for pre-schoolers who are handicapped and they were so precious. It was fun for the most part.
Nelson and I are headed for Nashville this weekend for our monthly temple trip. I'm looking forward to it. Take care. I am so glad your New Beginnings was such a success for you and your girls.

Jill said...

Cute Linds...sounds like it was a great night!! You're fabulous.
Don't you just LOVE the Cd..it's so good!!

me said...

Your treat bag was very thoughtful. The YW cds were a nice touch. I'm sure the girls are really having a good experience with you and your presidency.