Saturday, August 22, 2009

First week back at work

This past week was my first week back at work. All in all, it went well. It was good to see everyone at the office again and it was nice to get out of the house and stimulate my mind in different ways but it sure was hard being away from Cam! On my first day back, my mom watched him. She and Cam met me for lunch so that made the day a lot easier. My second day, Amyee kept Cam. At around 3 pm I was REALLY MISSING HIM so much! That had been the longest I've ever been away from him at one time. Amyee and I were texting throughout the day and she was telling me how good he was being and how he just loved to watch Dayton, Amyee's son. It made me feel better to know he was having a good time. Then Amyee took the CUTEST pictures of Cam and emailed them to me at work! It was so good to see his cute little face and it helped me get through the rest of the day! (See below for the pics- they are so cute!) My third and last day at work this week actually fell on my mom's birthday so I again got to meet her for lunch and she brought Cam so I could be with him for a little while in the middle of the day. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't hard to leave him and go back to work but he's definitely adjusted well and I think he is going to like his little weekly routine. He has all kinds of new toys and things to play with at my mom's house and he has a new little buddy- Dayton at Amyee's! And I will be home with him on Tuesdays and Fridays. Then on the weekends of coarse. Life is good for that little man. Here are a few pics from this week...

Amyee took these cute pics of Cam







Our lunch date at Olive Garden


Happy birthday mom!


This week, John's dad Nelson also celebrated his birthday. Happy birthday Nelson! Your card is on it's way- late as always! Sorry we are such slow pokes!

7 comments:

Emily said...

I am glad that things went pretty well your first week back. I was dying to know! You are so strong and he is in good hands--so good that you don't have to do daycare! Love ya Linds--and he is a doll!

The Kenyons said...

I am glad that things went well! I am sure it is hard to adjust, but it is nice knowing that he is in such good hands! Nobody loves like a Grandma does! :) Those pictures are SO cute of Cam! What a handsome little guy! You look amazing!

Emily said...

I am glad you have your Mom there and friend to help you. I will watch him the days I am there, I will love to spend that time with him getting to bond. I am sure your Mom and Amy are in heaven watching such a little angel. I am so glad you got through that week, I know that must have been tough! I am glad they worked it out with you that you could be at home two days a week, plus the weekend. Love ya! Em

me said...

Thank goodness for modern technology. Sure makes for an easier time of it.Emily had already emailed everyone those pics of Cameron.Just curious, are you calling him Cam Cam too?

Lindsay said...

Kendra,
Yes, we call him Cam Cam all the time. Do you call your Cami that too?

marlene said...

How I miss my grandbaby so I can imagine how hard that was for you to leave him. Thanks for posting the pic of Nelson with his grandson. That means a lot to us.

me said...

We just added an s, so she is Cam Cams.