Friday, August 14, 2009

Cabin Fever

After a month or so of hardly EVER leaving the house, cabin fever set in! I needed to get out of the house desperately! John and I started having a weekly date night thanks to my mother in law Marlene who watched Cameron for us and of coarse my mom too. Marlene, John's mom came down from Tennessee and stayed with us for about 3 weeks after Cam was born to help me out. She cleaned my house, cooked my meals, watched Cameron, basically did everything while I recovered! She was so great! Before Marlene left to go back to Tennessee, she, my mom and I went for a girls night out to one of my favorite restaurants Cheesecake Factory and we got pedicures! It was a great girls night out! Here are a few pics we took...

My mom and Marlene at Cheesecake Factory


Pedicures!






I had another girls night out with my friends from book club. Since 2 of our book clubbers had babies last month (myself included!) We didn't get around to reading a book that month! We decided to go out to dinner instead!


My dear friends April and Julie moved away the next week. Their husbands have completed Orthodoctic school here and now they are moving on to begin their careers. I'm going to miss you girls so much! Keep in touch and keep blogging!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like a fun time with my three lovely ladies that I miss! I am glad you are all having fun! When I am in Florida, I can watch Cam on the days you have to work! I would love that time with him on those days!

marlene said...

That was a lot of fun having that pedicure and spending time with you, John and the baby. Thanks for having me and for letting me hold and love Cam. Someday when you are a grandmother you will understand my feelings. It is so different because when you are a mother you are too busy and thinking about what all needs to be done (or atleast I was that way). When you are a grandmother all you want to do is hold, rock, sing lullabies, and stare at this bundle from Heaven. It is the most marvelous feeling. Thanks for my pedicure!