Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Getaway

This past week was CRAZY and John and I both agreed we needed to get away for the weekend. So we packed up Cameron and headed for Savannah. We had a lot of fun! We stayed at a great hotel, ate good food and tried to relax (as much as you can with an 8 month old anyways- it's kinda impossible!) John got us a FAB deal on the Hiatt in Downtown Savannah through Hotwire. It was beautiful! And we took Cameron on a little trolley tour of Downtown which he LOVED. He would put his little hand on the side rail of the trolly and stick his head out to look at all the sites around us. Whenever I took his hand off the rail (because who knows what kind of germs are all over it) he would put it right back! He thinks he's big stuff. We had a great time walking along River Street shopping for souvenirs for Cameron. We got him an adorable little shirt with a Pirate on it that says "Pint Size Pirate". It was ADORABLE!
Anyway, here are some pics we took on our trip. Next week we are headed out to California for Emily's wedding! We are really excited! Any last advice for us on how to ensure Cameron will have a good trip on the plane and a good vacation away from home for a week?

Our hotel


The room


Cameron getting comfortable


Enjoying our pretty view from the room







Dinner at Churchill's English Pub


Pardon me, but would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?


My dinner was DELICIOUS! It was crab stuffed flounder in a lemon butter white wine sauce with spinach and tomatoes.


John had this citrus salmon with sweet potato fries and these English beans


We let Cameron try a french fry the next day at lunch at Five Guys burgers- awesome place! He looked like he liked it!


And here's Cam sleeping in his new t-shirt. He fell asleep before I could take a picture of him in it. Isn't he a cute little pirate?

6 comments:

Ashley Perez said...

Sooo cute! I can't wait to finally meet you guys next week! I can't believe it's already March and time for Em's wedding! And J is amazing with babies so you'll have plenty of child entertainment while we take pictures (:

Emily said...

Love the pictures Linds and I am sooo glad you both got time away to relax and enjoy your family! I really appreciate all that you and John have done for me! I am so excited for us all to go to CA next week! I love Cameron's shirt! :)

Annie and Family said...

Love his shirt Linds! How fun that you got to have a little gettaway. Good luck on your trip. My secret for success in traveling with my kidlets is a "travel backpack." Filled with stuff they've never or rarely played with before. And for the little guy... dum dum suckers work great for the airplane!!!! He is so too cute. Hope you have a great trip!

amber said...

How fun! Cameron is soo cute, I love that sweet little face. My trick is wax ear plugs. A must!! It worked wonders for Gray, I would hear all the other kids screaming at take off and landing and Gray couldn't figure out what was wrong with those kids! :)

Emily said...

Bay was always good with traveling...except the poop-outs...so bring lots of extra clothes and stick to your routine as much as possible...Bay always has a bit of a problem with adjusting to the newness of things--so don't be surprised if he is a bit more fussy than usual.
That trip looked so fun! Nice hotel! And your food looked delish! OK CAM IS THE CUTEST!!! I want to meet him soooo bad! love you

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

It sounds like your trip was fabulous. I am glad you could get away. I hope Emiliy's wedding is great. Call me soon and fill me in on what's up. I miss you.

klr