Saturday, September 1, 2007

Flip #2

A few weeks ago, John found a great deal on yet another "fixer upper" house that we've been seriously considering buying. After much thought, we decided to buy it, fix it up, and sell it. We had so much fun on our first flip; we're very excited to do another one! On Friday afternoon, we closed on the house and today we began our extensive work on renovations. I think I've spent more time in Lowe's and Home Depot yesterday and today than I have in my entire life! But I think we've got everything we need and we made a lot of progress on the house on our first day! It's a really fun process to renovate a home! It's very fulfilling to take a neglected property and make it a really nice place for someone to live! Its hard work, but very gratifying.
The house is in Murray Hill (West Jacksonville) and it's a very cute house in a cute little neighborhood. It just needs a little love! I took pictures of the house and I was going to post some but I think I am going to wait until we're done with our renovations to show you the "before" and "after" pictures at the same time. So stay tuned for those! We hope to be finished in about 2 weeks. Right in time for our vacation! Perfect timing, I'm sure we'll need it!

6 comments:

Emily said...

That is so exciting! I am excited to see it, maybe I will fall in love with it and find a way to buy it! That would be fun :) See you soon!

Mandy said...

Wow good luck with your second flip, that is awesome that you guys have found something that you can work together on and get money out of it as well. Can't wait to see the final pictures!

Krystal Trapnell said...

I love that you guys are "flippers." I have been watching a ton of HGTV lately and the real estate shows are my favorite. I don't know if I would ever be able to do it, but I sure love watching other people do it. Maybe you can get them to come film one of your flips and be on tv!

Emily said...

I want to see Pictures now! Are you on your vacation now? I am excited to see pics from that and live vicariously through you and your exotic vacations! :)

Lindsay said...

I love those shows too Krystal! John and I watch them all the time! Maybe one day we'll be on Property Ladder!

Meredith said...

oh wow! i can't wait to see. i want to do that so badly! but we should probably get into our own home first! ;)