Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Dance

I was asked a little over a month ago to do a ballet overture for a play that a lady in my church wrote and produced. As many of you may know, I did take ballet back in the day when I was at BYU and younger but I haven't done any type of dance in the last 3 years! She went on to say that she wanted John to be a part of this dance, John having never danced a day in his life! ha-ha! I hesitantly accepted and quickly enrolled in a ballet class to get back in to shape (the best that I could in a little over a month anyway!)
Thursday night was our first performance and we had one more performance on Saturday night. I'm definitely glad it's over and I think I'll retire the ballet shoes after this! I'm almost 26 years old, I'm getting old! Anyway, here are a few pictures that were snapped of the event in case you are dying to see!









A little earlier that day, we picked up Robert, John's brother who just got in town and will be with us for Christmas. John's parent's and sister are coming next week and we will be having Christmas at our house. I'm excited for everyone to come! Nelson, Marlene, and Emily, here's a little preview of what you can expect when you come. Here's a picture of John and Robert being goofy. I couldn't resist posting this one!

8 comments:

Jill said...

You are so cute! I would have loved to see you dance...and with your hubby! What a good sport he was, and YOU too!
John's brother looks just like him!
So...I totally copied you and bought that skirt you have in the lower post. I saw it at Target today was thought it looked familiar and remember seeing YOU wear it! I bought one too. So cute.
Anyways...Landon and I were just talking about how fun it will be to see you, Danny and Paula and of course Carson and Amber soon. We should have a big dinner party!!

Mandy said...

How cute and fun. You are pretty brave, I don't know that I would have been able to do that in front of everyone, and Tyler would NOT have done it with me.

Emily said...

I am pretty sure I would not have done that! I am shocked that John was willing, I am so glad he did that with you! I also heard you are trying for a baby and I am SO excited at the idea of being Aunt! Robert is excited to be an Uncle. He said he will be Uncle Rob and I will be Aunt Eme! Robert and John look so happy and Robert is looking radiant! I am so excited to see all of you on Thursday or Friday! It feels like it has been way to long!

Krystal Trapnell said...

I, for one, was very impressed. I didn't know you had such ballet skills! And John was such a good sport--Jeff didn't grumble about his part quite so much after seeing him.

p.s. how did you like Empire? Is it worth checking out?

Mariah said...

I also thought that you did an amazing job. And it was very sweet with John in it too! Good job!

Emily said...

That's cool, Linds! I am glad that you got to do that! I forgot all about the ballet classes you took! I bet you did good! I would've loved to see it! Yes, it took me a minute to figure out which one was John! They look JUST alike! What a fun, big Christmas you will have! How cool! Love you! Can't wait to see you NEXT MONTH! that is so weird that it is next month!

Angie said...

I didnt know you took ballet! You look so cute!

Lindsay said...

John was a pretty good sport! He wasn't thrilled about the idea but we made his part very short, easy, and at the end.

Krystal, I wasnt that crazy about Empire. There were good parts but for the most part, I was actually pretty bored with it. It was very long too! I wouldnt check it out. And you guys did great as well! It was a great performance by all!