Saturday, February 9, 2008

Yoga Body Burn


I don't know about you guys but it is WELL PAST the holidays and I am still packing those few extra pounds that are SO ANNOYING! Since graduating from college and getting a corporate job I get ABSOLUTELY NO EXERCISE and it's hard for me to shed the few extra pounds that once would be gone in a week from walking across campus and going to the gym with my roommates.
So I was in Target today and I decided to look through the exercise DVDs and I found Yoga Body Burn by Denise Austin. I have a few other Pilates videos she's done and I really liked them so I decided to try this one. I think the cover of the video sold me! Look at this lady! I read her bio and she's older than my mom and she looks incredible! I want to look like Denise Austin! My abs don't look ANYTHING like that ESPECIALLY when I'm sitting in that position! So I'm inspired! And as much as I DESPISE running, I might start doing that as well. Can you tell I REALLY don't want to be chubby BEFORE I get pregnant??? Because who knows what kind of blimp I will look like in six months! I don't like dieting so exercise is going to have to be the way to do it. Any advice?

6 comments:

Angie said...

No advice, but let me know if that video works! I'm looking for something too...

Ashley Perez said...

Hi Lindsay! I am Emily's old roommate, Ashley, and I love reading your blog! Em has told me so much about you that I feel like I know you! Anyway, since I love yoga and I primarily use dvd's to practice it, I couldn't help but leave a comment. I got my yoga dvd's from target and my favorite so far are Sara Ivanhoe's. She has one called "target zone" with different routines that are about 20-30 minutes each. It helps to have different routines because the same ones get boring after a while. Also, after trying so many different diets, I find that the best is to just eat smaller portions of the things you love. Hope this helps!!

Emily said...

Hey! I am working out in the mornings at the gym and on Thursday's they have a Yoga class that I attend and then on Saturday's I have a two hour Jazz dance class. I have a hard time with the video thing. I work out better in a gym. but, I think DVDs are the way to go and I have a windsor pilates DVD that kicks my butt! Also get ten pound weights and start lifting! It will help you lose weight faster and tone up. A jump robe is great for cardiovascular and I love how easy it is to use at home. Good Luck! I am excited that we are all trying to get fit. I think I have lost five pounds so far! I bought the cutest clothes from Ann Taylor Loft today. I got two dress pants, two cordory pants, black dress skirt, blue taliored shirt and a really pretty black and white dress! You have got me sold :)

Emily said...

I don't have advice Linds--but you look great and should not worry! I haven't done yoga before...let us know how that video is--I like pilates a lot, but I dont know if I have the patience or flexibility for yoga!

Krystal Trapnell said...

I love Denise. She's amazing, always so positive. I hope her yoga burn is good, I'm sure it will be. You'll have to find what works for you, but it sounds like you're off to a good start!

Meredith said...

i used to work out with denise austen videos in middle school! :) let me know if you like the videos. I am looking for a good video I can do at home during naptime.