Monday, June 16, 2008

Boycott list

I endorse a lot of products, movies, etc on my blog but today I feel the need to add a couple of companies to my boycott list for everyone to see. Here goes...

Wal-Mart Super Center

I RARELY ever go to Wal-Mart anymore but I found an old gift card that we had received for Christmas so I decided to go get some odds and ends that we needed. When I got to the check out line, the cashier couldn't get my gift card to work so she sends me over to the service desk line which was A MILE LONG. When I finally got to the desk, the lady behind the desk couldn't figure out how to make it work, she calls her manager to come. The manager couldn't figure it out. 42 EXCRUCIATING minutes later, they finally found a loop hole and I was on my way. I think I'd rather take a beating than endure that total waste of time again!

Tinseltown Theaters


A few weeks back, I went to see a movie that I had bought my tickets for online. When I went to redeem my tickets at the kiosk, I received an error message saying that I was unable to be located in the system. I proceeded to go to the back of the ticket line (What I was trying to avoid by buying my tickets online in the first place!). When I got to the counter, I gave the lady my confirmation number for the tickets. She couldn't find it so she calls her manager. Five minutes later, her manager comes down and couldn't figure it out either. So he tells me he's going to go upstairs to call Fandango. MEANWHILE, my movie has already started! They acted like losing the 10 dollars it cost for my ticket was going to COMPLETELY break them! So I just told them to charge my card AGAIN! They jumped at the chance to do that! I won't be going to that theater EVER AGAIN! It's all AMC for me!

So here's two new entries on my boycott list. Have anything else to add? Have you experienced POOR customer service anywhere that we should all know about?

6 comments:

Emily said...

YES!!! PEP BOYS. They stink at fixing your car and their customer service is out of wack!!! I was there for 9 hours and orginally was told it would take an hour!!! They had not even looked at my car for 6 hours while I was there and I had made an appointment! I ended up crying because I was so upset after sitting there for hours and I did not have anyone I could have called to come and pick me up!

Ashley Perez said...

I second that boycott at Walmart! I took back a bunk wedding gift and got store credit on a card. When I went to redeem the money on the card, they couldn't get it to work so I lost the money! I was so mad, but I have to admit that when I need a new release dvd, I'll make a trip over there cuz most of the time, they're all $14.88 the week they come out.

Oh and surprisingly, the spaghetti factory! Em will tell you our horror story when we all went for her birthday. I still go back for the food, but the service never changes.

Jill said...

Oh, that is horrible. I was almost going to do a post similar to this...but it seems like Landon is always dealing with stuff like this too. It's sooooooooooo annoying! argh.

Paula said...

Dillards!! Tried to return a down comforter we bought (which was a display item) and they wouldn't return it. It was dirty on the corner and they said they would have never sold it in that condition. But they did, and the receipt showed a discount we got because of the dirty corner.

Went all the way to the Southest director and I have an email from him basically calling us a liar.

So, still have the comforter which is way to hot for FL weather.

Emily said...

hmm, I actually have not had bad customer service lately! Weird! But I have to say, when I was in FL last I thought the people were so NICE--so much more friendly than here in UT...people seem to be to concerned about their own lives here, and nobody is friendly anymore.

Lindsay said...

Em, you bring up a good point. I wouldn't call the people here unfriendly. Maybe the correct word would be incompetent. (Refering to people at Wal-Mart- Monument Road Location and Tinseltown on Southside only)