Saturday, June 21, 2008

I feel like I'm 23 again!

I just joined the gym this week and I had to take the dreaded fitness assessment to determine how OUT OF SHAPE I am before I start any type of work out routine. I haven't done any kind of formal exercise in a gym for like three years so I've been trying to prepare myself for the TERRIBLE results I would receive! This assessment measures your weight, body fat percentage, strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance. Then after all that, you receive your "body age". After taking my assessment, I realized I'm not quite as out of shape as I thought. I LOVE it when that happens! I'm 26 but my body age is only 23! There are a few things that I'd like to work on and the trainer said that I can be 18 again if I do! I'm so motivated!!!

Want to find out your body age? Sign up at your local YMCA.



After you sign up, here's a few classes I'd recommend that I've done this week.

Zumba

Latin dance inspired workout for all ages and sizes


Body Pump

Weight training classes


Body Attack

Heart attack in a class! 1 hour of non stop cardio aerobics

Thanks goes out to Amber and Ashley, my work out buddies who go with me to the gym every day and help me stay motivated. We're going to look SO HOT in our bathing suits this summer!

7 comments:

carson said...

Those are some great results! Especially after all the worry this week. I'm proud of you. Can't wait to do the assessment myself.

Emily said...

That is so great Lindsay! Did John join as well? I know he told me he is also trying to get in shape. We should start a family competition and have it end at christmas when we all get together again and we can measure our results. We should all think about it and discuss it on our trip! :) 2 more weeks!

Rebecca said...

CUTE blog! Good for you for working out - you look great! :)

me said...

Oh gosh, I can't even imagine working out everyday. Takes toooooo much discipline for me. I know I should for all the health benefits but ugh!!!!Kudos to you and your everyday workout buddies!

Jill said...

Dang, that is awesome. You go girl! I wish you were here to motivate me to go too. I played ping pong the other day and was feeling it from just that. PATHETIC!!!!!! Have fun!!!!!!!

Emily said...

That is cool! I wish I could find time to workout! I have been craving it lately! Workout for me, OK? :)

Anonymous said...

I still feel like a 10 year old, and with a bit of luck I will find one!! In bed fall asleep with mycock still in her childpussy, wake up and get her to suck her breakfast out of mycock