Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Jeff Lewis- We love you!



Does anyone watch Flipping Out? That is one of mine and John's favorite shows! It comes on Bravo on Tuesday nights at 10pm. Last night was the season finale and I just think Jeff Lewis is the BEST! I know he is kinda crazy but I really appreciate all his OCD tendencies! He makes me feel a little more normal! Now when I tell John that he can't mix warm tones with cool tones of paint on our flip houses, I wont feel like such a fanatic! I'm a big fan of consistency throughout a house. If we paint the exterior a cool beachy tone like pale blue with white trim, I feel that we need to continue with cool tones throughout the house (It doesn't have to be the same colors but just in the same cool family)I would never choose reds and browns and other warm, earthy tones (even though I love them) unless it went with the overall feel of the house and that especially includes the exterior color! He makes me feel like a total nut job when I say things like that but I know Jeff Lewis would agree with me!
We are in the process of buying another flip. This one is a 3 story house in Jax Beach that the owners are practically giving away! More details will follow and as always, I will take before and after pictures and post them on the blog for you all to see! Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so jealous! I want to flip houses! Or maybe I'll just buy one of your flips! We need a vacation house near the beach! :)

Mandy said...

We have never seen that show but Tyler would soooo agree the outside MUST match the inside. We recently went to a couple houses in the parade of homes and one so didn't match and it ruined the house!!!

Ashley Perez said...

I've never even thought about not mixing warm and cool tones! Sheesh. Now I have another idea to add to my own OCPD tendencies! Ha ha. I love it.

Emily said...

LOVE flipping out!!! It is great! So sad it is over! I am excited to see the new home!!!

Emily said...

I amexcited for you guys! I hope everything goes well and you get what you want out of the house! I miss you guys already! I will post pictures of my room as soon as I can get the internet to work! I love the new look of your blog! At christmas I want you help in changing my blog's look :) I am excited to see the before and after pictures!