Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Birthday Boys


I've often heard it said that girls marry guys that are just like their dads. In my case, I married a guy that has the same birthday as my dad! Both John and my dad were born on Sept. 28, just a few years apart! And when I think about it, they do have many things in common. Besides the typical qualities like enjoying football and other sports and the outdoors, John and my dad are both VERY hard workers, they NEVER STOP! They both try to act like tough guys but they are REALLY sensitive when you're not looking. They both have such passion for life and a love for all people. I'm so glad to have them in my life!

We celebrated their birthdays today at my dad's house. I made some of their favorite treats- yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting, lemon squares and chocolate chip muffins and we watched their favorite sport (football!) on TV. The Jags were playing today and they beat Houston! They're on a role this season, last week they beat the Colts and this week Houston! Go Jags!
Happy 29th John!


Happy 56th Dad!

4 comments:

me said...

Happy Birthday John. I hope to talk with you soon.- Your Favorite Cousin Dave

Katie T. said...

Happy Birthday John! I'm glad you had a good birthday. Miss you all!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday to my Bro! I love you :) I hope you love your fun card and gift! Thanks Linds for the post :) I miss you both, see you soon!

jan said...

Glad to see the Jaguar fans! I still follow them faithfully! Love Garrad. Happy Birthday to the two men in your life.