Saturday, September 27, 2008

Daytona Beach Shopping Trip


We've been bitten! Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker's new clothing line "Bitten" that is! Amyee, Daisy and I drove all the way down to Daytona Beach today to raid the closest Steve & Barry's store. For those that don't know, everything in SJP's clothing line is under $20, super fab and sold EXLUSIVELY at Steve & Barry's. We don't have a Steve & Barry's in J-ville so we took a little day trip down to Daytona where there was a store!
We had so much fun on our little shopping spree. After we shopped til we dropped, we went searching for a place to eat because we were starving from our hours of intense shopping!
Daisy told us she saw a Chili's up the road so we followed her directions. Before we knew it we were on I4 on our way to Orlando! (Way out of the way!) So I was like,
"Don't worry, we'll just turn around at the next exit."

About 10 minutes goes by and this is all we saw!


Wide open road! No exits in sight!

We saw a couple places where we could make a u turn in the paved median but every one of them had a huge no u-turn sign looming over.

We became a little unglued!

Amyee said: "Daisy! What are we going to do? Where are we going to turn around???"


Daisy said: "I see another paved median up ahead where we can turn around. Lindsay, make sure there's no pigs hangin around!"


Lindsay said: "The coast is clear over here!"


Daisy said: "Gun it Amyee, gun it!"


Amyee gunned it and made the u-turn.

Daisy said: "I can't believe we just did that!"


Amyee said: "I can't believe I just did that!"


Lindsay said: "Get me out of this car!"


We all sang along to Akon's She's so dangerous that was playing on the radio.

Eventually, we made it happily and safely to Chili's with no ticket (luckily!)


It was a fun day and I was able to get a lot of new things for fall.

That shirt at the top left is for John. They have men's clothes too. All these shirts cost me $8 each! You gotta love a great deal!

Find a Steve & Barry's near you! If you'd like to take your life in your hands and come along with us next time we go, give me a call!

7 comments:

The Skoobs said...

I love the commentary...sounded like a fun trip.....I will definitely find a store near me!!!!!!!

Emily said...

What a fun road trip! I am glad you got cool stuff! You are quite the deal finder now! You must be married to my brother! haha :)

Mariah said...

How FUN!! I wish I could have been there! The funny thing is that I can totally picture you three in the car freaking out!

Jill said...

I'm totally there! Let me know when!!

Heidi said...

What a blast - I love that post...totally made me laugh!!

amber said...

Looks like a fun trip! We'll have to do a trip together soon!

april said...

That was hilarious Lindsay! I love the pics that go along with the script! It wouldn't have been as memorable a trip without a little adventure to spice it up! And cute clothes too. You gals are great!