Sunday, March 22, 2009

Girls Weekend!

This weekend, the girls and I went down to Orlando for our annual Time Out for Women Conference/ Girls Weekend Out. We had so much fun! We shopped til we dropped, laughed til we cried and felt so inspired and uplifted from Time Out for Women. I look forward to this every year! The speakers are always so uplifting and inspiring. I always feel refreshed and rejuvenated when we leave. This year I bought this incredible DVD called Reflections of Christ which features the photography of Mark Mabry. In his work, he recreated and photographed the life and ministry of Jesus Christ. If you've ever seen his work, you know IT'S INCREDIBLE. The DVD I bought shows how he created each shot and it features a slide show of all his photography while the song Come thou fount of every blessing is playing in the background. It is so beautiful and is definitely worth two minutes of your time to watch. Click here to see the slide show.

Here are a few pics of our girls weekend out...

The girls at the Mall at Millenia in Orlando


Dinner at Brio, this GREAT Italian restaurant where we ate

L-R: Jessica, Amyee and Daisy


L-R: April, me and Allison


Girl talk and snacks at the hotel




Time Out for Women Conference


Me with Hilary Weeks, one of the speakers/ singers at Time Out. She has the most amazing voice and I love hearing her speak every year! She's an amazing person!



This is the cute free bag that they gave us when we checked in. I got Hilary to sign mine


All the girls


After the conference, we went to IKEA. I had never been there before but have heard so much about it! I loved it. Especially this kitchen...


And this dining room setting...


Another cool room...


While we were walking around IKEA, I couldn't help but notice this really cute, UNBELIEVABLY LARGE baby! We kept running into him and his parents as we shopped and I just had to snap a picture of him! Sorry the quality is so poor. It was taken from pretty far away. What a little chub! He was cute...



We had so much fun on our girls weekend! Little Cameron enjoyed himself too but he and I both were glad to get home to his daddy :)

12 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

Looks like a great time! I'm sure it would have been better if I had been there, though. :) Miss you guys!

Emily said...

Cute post! What a wonderful time. My Dad is on the phone with me and we are looking at all your pictures. We love your pictures. You are so cute and I am sure Cameron's daddy is excited to have his babies back! I love you Linds and we need to talk soon :) Miss you!

The Kenyons said...

You are so fun! And you look so adorable! It totally cracks me up that you took a picture of that baby...haha. He is a little chunk! I've never been to Time Out for Women before...maybe next year I will give it a try. Love you Linds!

me said...

Isn't getting away with the girls great! Looks like you have a great group of friends. I have yet to make it to a Time Out For Women but I will eventually. I think Mark Mabry's work is beautiful and I had received the link to the slideshow a few months back.
Now as for that baby, what a butterball! So cute!

Alison said...

Thanks for all the fun! I really enjoyed it! I love that you got a picture of that baby too :)

marlene said...

Hi Linds,
I'm so glad you updated your blog. I looked at it early in the evening last night but it was the one I already had seen. I was disappointed but this morning Nelson told me about the new one. I loved the video on Christ- got chills. I'm so glad you shared that. I'm going to buy it soon. You look absolutely adorable in your outfits - and very happy. I too went on a Girls day out on Saturday. We went downtown Knoxville and shopped and had lunch - it was fun. I bought Cameron a gift at Hallmarks on Friday for your shower. I'm getting excited! We love you.

Emily said...

ha ha. I can't believe you took a pic of that baby and then posted it! you are too funny! You look cute lil prego! :) That looked like fun!

Amyee Williams said...

Lindsay you put the picture up i didnt like!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh Amyee! You look beautiful in all these pics, even the first one with your "fly way" bangs!

Jill said...

How fun! TOFW is the best...especially if you have fun friends to go with too. Hilary Weeks is amazing, you are lucky she was at your session.
IKEA is the best too, I can't believe you've never been. I wish we had one, they have great stuff.
You are looking adorable, as always!!

Annie and Family said...

Linds, you are a darling predo lady... but you're darling all the time so who's suprised?

The Skoobs said...

Okay What a CHUNK!!! I can't wait till our Time out For Women...I love going and listening to amazing women...