Friday, April 10, 2009

I love to see the Temple

I just got home from our big overnight Youth Temple Trip to Orlando that the Young Men's President and I have been planning the last several months. The kids had the day off from school today for Good Friday so we thought, what better day to take the kids to the Temple! We had such a great time and have a very special group of kids! They make all my hard work in this calling SO WORTH IT. I love them all!

We drove down yesterday afternoon and stayed at the Wydham hotel on International Drive for the night where we had a pizza party and let the kids play at the hotel pool and other amenities. They had a blast! Then, this morning we all had breakfast together, then we took the kids to do a temple session. We had the greatest time and the sweetest testimony meeting after our session. It made me remember the days when I used to come to the temple as a youth growing up. It's so much fun now actually going as a leader! A total different experience! The trip was not without it's hardships and drama- like for instance, we got stuck in TERRIBLE traffic on the way to Orlando last night because of a bad accident. We SAT on I4 for 1.5 hours while the wreck cleared up so our 2.5 hour drive turned into a 4 hour one! We managed to make this experience fun though! One of the other leaders that I was driving by had to go to the bathroom SO BAD during this 1.5 hour stand still so he ended up leaving his car and going to find the closest tree off the highway! We all about DIED laughing! I also had one unruly parent that came along. Always one in every bunch I hear! But the kids were great! I've come to learn that the hardest part of my calling is not dealing with a bunch of rowdy teenagers but rather one high maintenance, loose cannon mother! Dealing with adults who act like children is all new for me! I know I need to pray for patience with this particular situation but all in all, the kids had a great and spiritual time. And that was my goal for this trip so I would definitely call it a success! Here are a few pictures we took...

Our youth group


Me and my young women. They just love to rub my pregnant "Buddha belly"! They say it's good luck!


Have you ever seen a cuter group of girls? They are the best!

8 comments:

Ashley Perez said...

So adorable! You have so many young women in your ward and that's awesome! We have like 3 in our entire ward...but then again I'm not in YW. Dare to dream, right? Love the pictures.

Emily said...

You have so many youth! They are adorable! I love this background with my favorite flower and the music is great! I can always count on you for great music to listen to! Love you so much, Em!

Rebecca said...

So now I want to know about the crazy mom! haha

We were driving home from the Temple during that accident...we felt SOOOOOO BAD for anyone on the other side of the freeway. What a MESS!

Cute pictures, though ♥

Emily said...

That is so presh!!! I LOVE THAT YOU ARE YWS PRES! I think that is so awesome! I can't get over it! :) How fun! I bet they love you! Those are cute pictures!

me said...

The photo of the girls all posing reminds me of some of the girls I had back when I was in YW in Ontario. The poses are exactly the same.
You had such a great turnout!
Brendon is at Youth Conference right now. He comes home tonight.
When you work with them you really do come to love the youth and see their great worth and that's hard when you see that they don't see it or they come from a family that isn't helping them become all they can. Youth leaders are so important to some youth. You are so enthusiastic Lindsay. The girls are so fortunate to have you right now.

marlene said...

Linds,
Just read your blog about your temple trip to Orlando. Those girls are soooo lucky to have you for their Pres. and their parents too. You'll have to tell me about the "interesting" parent!
Thanks again for my b-day present - all those tops - I love them. I've already worn two of them so far. You did great!

Jill said...

How awesome. I am sure the girls just adore you!! You are too dang cute!

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

It looks like you all had a ball. I love those girls so much and I love that you took a crazy temple pic! xoxo