Friday, February 12, 2010

I found my first gray hair today!

As I was fixing my hair this morning and applying my finishing touches of hairspray and shine oil- I SAW IT- a little gray (almost white) hair sticking up amid the endless flow of two inch dark roots that are long overdue for their highlights. In my bewilderment, I thought to myself- is this really happening now? At 27 years old! When did I get so old that I'm going gray now? How depressing! Who else has gray hairs and when did they start?

What's worse is when I took the pictures below to document this post with proof, I found even more gray hairs! I never see the very top of my head! I didn't even know they were there! No one said ANYTHING to me! How long have these been there? Gosh I hope some of that is the flash!






So this is what it's like to be old!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Linds, its just the flash! I would have told you if your whole top was gray! :) I have found a few white hairs on my head, and I panick everytime! I am not ready yet either. :)

me said...

You think the gray hair is something wait until you start noticing wrinkles that were never there thEn suddenly they start appearing like theres no tommorow!

Emily said...

Is that really gray hair??? OK so I have crows feet and my face looks so old to me lately! Maybe I am just SOOO tired! ha ha. But I feel really old lately...no grays yet, though. Are you stressed? Some people go gray early bc they are overly stressed. :) Love you, ya old fart! :)

Sarah said...

Linds, I am sure that's from the flash! You would've noticed it if it wasn't the flash, I'm sure. I have found gray hairs before, too! I always make Ben pull them out, though they just grow right back. Getting old is fun, huh? ;o)

Angie said...

I'm thinking that has something to do with the flash, and the shine oil you put on before taking the picture! But that has been my fear lately... Going gray! Stress and kids... You gotta love it.

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

I have some too I hate them. Thank goodness for color. I went to Vermont this weekend with Sam and the boys it was so fun. I don't have internet in my house yet but when I do I'll post pics.

Love you.